Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Gerlach
Telephon + 49 (0)202 / 439 - 4088
Fax + 49 (0)202 / 439 - 4388
Room: HD 32a
The prosecutor in Duisburg appointed Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Gerlach as an reviewer to deliver an opinion on the causes of the tragic occasions at the Love Parade 2010 in Duisburg. As a reviewer Prof. Gerlach is bound to secrecy. Therefore we ask to refrain from contact on all matters relating to the report and the Love Parade and refer to the prosecutor in Duisburg.
- Design and dimensioning of traffic infrastructure
- Road safety
- Environmental sustainability
- Motorised individual traffic
- Cyclist traffic
- Pedestrian traffic
- Research, teaching, practice
- Trainer for Safety Audit of Roads
adh (Auditpartnerschaft der Hochschullehrer)
bast (Liste der Auditoren und Ausbildungsstellen)
- Editor of the magazine for road safety ZVS (Zeitschrift für Verkehrssicherheit)
- FGSV (Forschungsgesellschaft für Straßen- und Verkehrswesen)
- Head of the executive committee of the workgroup 1 "Traffic planning"
- Member of the technical committee 1.2.9 "Instroductions for traffic-related development of (major-)events"
- Member of the technical committee 1.3 "Network design"
- Member of the committee 3 "Dimensioning of road traffic infrastructure (HBS)"
- Member of the technical committee 2.6 "Stationary traffic"
- Member of the technical committee 2.7 "Road safety audit"
- DVWG Deutsche Verkehrswissenschaftliche Gesellschaft
- President of the Bezirksvereinigung Berg und Mark
- PIARC World Road Association
- Member of the Technical Committee C1 "Safer Road Infrastructure"
- Executive Chair of Working Group C1.2 "Urban Roads"
- EU Projects
- Member of the Management Committee of the COST action 358 "Pedestrians Quality Needs"
- Team Leader "Road Safety Audits and Inspections" of the Twinning Project "Enhancing Road Safety in Egypt"